Tuesday, December 31, 2013

On The Losers Bench...

I am officially sleeved!!!

Surgery was yesterday morning. The dr said everything went great and that there were no surprises. I'm so glad because I new there was a chance I could heave had on of those hernias that he might have had to repair.

My surgery was at 11am and I think I was discharged around 4 from recovery.  I don't have much gas build up and have been able to burp a lot to get it out so that's good. I was pretty nauseous during my recovery hours and got sick a few times but it didn't last to terribly long.

The concept of my stomach now being so small is an odd concept. I have been soooo THIRSTY!! I know this is because I'm not taking as many fluids as I'm  used to  but its just hard to adjust to.  I am supposed to drink 2 oz. every hour which is like nothing!! 

My pain medication is a liquid form of Vicodin and Acetametaphine. Its disgusting! I have to chase it with a sip of water. Then unwind up getting sick once I think because I had to much liquid in my stomach. This is definitely challenging but I'm sure I'll adjust to this new drinking concept.

I have 5 incisions of my stomach. Only one is bloody and I'm thankful that none of them are really bad. The nurse said it was normal and to just put more gauze on it if I had to. Otherwise all my incisions are being held together by steri strips. Kinda creepy. loll

I weighed in yesterday before my surgery at 288 lbs! I was very happy about that.

So now its time to lose some weight! I'm on the liquid diet until next week and then I can start my purée diet.

Once again thanks for reading and thinking of me!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Justina

Day 1 Post-Op:

Starting Weight:     322 lbs
Current Weight:     288 lbs
Weight Lost:          - 34 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Your eyes and mind will soon adjust to the smaller portions. So glad all went well with the surgery and recovery. You were so wise in choosing this while you are young and have no medical complications. You and Daniel have a beautiful family and now you will be able to keep up with their young energy. What a lovely gift for them and you. God is good. Looking forward to seeing you once again.

    ReplyDelete