Well I've been on the diet for 4 days now and i'm finding it to be easier than i thought it would be. I think a lot of my tolerance for this diet comes from the diet i was on previously. While that one had a lot less restrictions it was a big change and restricted my food intake as well. So i think that's why this diet isn't such a shock to my system.
I am happy to report that I've lost 6 lbs since my weigh in on Thursday! I was a little worried yesterday that i wasn't doing well but today kinda blew me away. So far that puts me at an okay schedule to lose the 25 lbs that they want me to lose before surgery. I have to call in my weight tomorrow to the dietitian just so they can keep in touch. I'm supposed to do it every Tuesday up to my surgery.
The food tastes pretty good so far. Some of it is surprising, like the chocolate covered peanut butter bar yesterday that tasted like a peanut butter cup! The soups are pretty tasty, i think i like the beef ones better than the chicken ones. But i'm glad that i got a really big variety so i can go back a forth. The shakes/puddings are all pretty good too. I've found that my favorite shake is the strawberry. The banana is the only one that is really over powering so i only have it as a pudding. The one food that i found surprising was the eggs and pancakes. Everything is powder of course, so i was worried about the eggs. haha The first time i made them in the microwave, not bad. But i made them today on the stove since i was making a pancake and they were better!
I can't seem to remember if the dietician said 4 meals and 1 bar or 5 meals and 1 bar a day. So i had to write her an email tonight to get it straight. I've been doing 5 meals and 1 bar up until today. I have a friend going through the same pre-op diet right now and she said it was 4 meals and 1 bar. So i'm all confused. Hopefully i get a reply tomorrow morning so i can get it straightened out.
I better go to bed so i can get up early for my Biology Final. Thanks for checking in on me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Justina
Day 31, Pre-Op Diet: -22 lbs
No comments:
Post a Comment