Well today wasn't fun. I was pretty hungry today most of the day. I got up a little later than I would have liked to. I had the day off school so I definitely relaxed. Since I got up later I had to start my meals a little later than I would have liked. So even though i ate later I was still pretty hungry. Annoying. Part of the problem I think Is that I'm getting tired of salad. Eating salad for 3 days in a row isn't fun and getting old fast. But I think I'll be okay.
I did notice that I m feeling full with my small meals now though. Today during lunch I couldn't even finish my diet coke because I was feeling so full. In between meals is when I seem to be hungry. Like right now. lol
I'm excited to weigh myself in the morning to see if I've lost anymore weight. :) Hopefully I have something better to report tomorrow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Justina
Day 3, Pre-Op Diet: -3 lbs
Justina, have you tried upping the protien? How about eggs? I have been eating eggs and eziekel bread in the mornings with slices of cucumber, spinach and siracha. I also do oatmeal with berries and I eat egg whites on the side. I try to partner everything I eat with a protien. I also do protien shakes and sprinkle in a little PB2 which is dried peanut butter.
ReplyDeleteMelissa, i re-read my ppw on what i can and can't eat. There are more options than i remember reading originally. lol I did see eggs on there and am excited to get some now. I also had steak today which really kicked my bored attitude with chicken. Guess i just need to remember to change foods. ;)
DeleteYour suggestions are awesome and i will def keep them in mind for when i'm on a less restricted diet. But for right now, unfortunately, i'm not allowed the oatmeal, bread, berries (or any fruit) and peanut butter. It's super strict, but will be worth it. :)
I used salads in 2004 to lose 100 pounds. After a while you realize that the vegetables actually have a taste. Also you get in the habit of having salads constantly you do not have to think about what your menu will be for the day which was a good thing. I have kept off all but 20 pounds of the 100 back then. I have a lot more to go and perhaps you will be my motivation to continue my battle with weight. If I went to dinners to others houses I just took my large salad with me and let them enjoy their regular food.
ReplyDeleteJanet, wow that is amazing!! Since my diet is so restricted i pretty much know what i'm going to have everyday too. lol Salads are just a great quick and easy option on my list and they cover all my bases if i stick a protein in them. Daniel made me steak and green beans tonight and it tasted like heaven. LOL
DeleteJust a suggestion, be careful of the artificial sweeteners, they can make you hungry and crave more sweets. Try Stevia products (such as Truvia) instead, they are natural sweeteners.
ReplyDeleteyes i have heard that about the artificial sweeteners. I am trying to reduce my intake of soda (i'm down to 2 cans a day, diet only). I know that the carbonation will be an issue after surgery so i'd like to reduce it now. Of course i have a really bad caffeine addiction so that makes it challenging.
Delete